If you are someone that entertains, you need to look at serving healthy tasty dishes for your guests. So that’s where the Smoked Trout Pate is a sure-fire winner.
Smoked trout pate recipe
Prep – 15 mins
Cook – 15 mins
Serves – 20
- 350g hot-smoked trout
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs finely chopped capers
- 1 tbs chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 2 tsp horseradish cream
- Olive oil spray
- 6 small tortillas
1. Peel skin from trout and discard skin and bones. Process cream cheese in a small food processor with lemon juice, capers, chives, and horseradish until smooth. Add trout meat and pulse until roughly chopped. Transfer to a service bowl and chill.
2. Preheat over to 180c, spray both sides of tortillas with oil. Cut each into 8 triangles and spread on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes until crisp and golden. Sprinkle trout pate with chives and serve with tortillas.
Things you need to know
Nutrition: Per serve: 5 g protein, 5 g fat (3g sat fat), 2 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 0.5 dietary fibre, 170mg sodium, 325 KJ (75 cals)
Top tip – This Smoked Trout Pate can be made a day ahead, but only add the chives just before serving.