We will be honest here mango is not our most favourite fruit, something about the smell of rotten mangos from when we were children. Might have been due to the massive mango tree in the front yard. But this is a very tasty mango chicken recipe you can make, with either fresh or canned mangos. Find more amazing chicken recipes here.
You can throw this into a slow cooker as well.
- 700g raw chicken breasts or filets, cut into strips (n0 skin)
- 250mls Evaporated milk
- 500mls mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 onion, diced
- 425g fresh or canned mango
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut essence
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Sauté the onions and garlic for 2 minutes in a non-stick pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Add chicken and sauté for 5 minutes or until nearly cooked.
- Combine curry powder, tomato paste and stock powder with chicken, cook for a further 1 minute.
- Stir in milk and coconut essence.
- Blend cornflour with mango juice, add to the pan, stir until mixture thickens.
- Add mango pieces.
- Serve with boiled rice. or pasta.
Mango is high in fibre and low-calorie fruit, which works as a great source of vitamins A and C. It also contains folate, B6, iron and a little calcium, zinc and vitamin E.