Beef is the go-to protein choice in most diets. It is also one of the most versatile proteins to cook with other than chicken. You don’t have to overcomplicated dishes either with a simple beef stir fry. All you need to cook with is a simple cooking wok.
Beef stir fry recipe
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 dessertspoon sugar
- 450g lean beef strips
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon beef stock powder
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 cup each of snow peas, sliced mushrooms, sliced red capsicum, small broccoli florets
- 1 cup bok choy coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup of water
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- Sauté the ginger for 1 minute in a non-stick pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Add beef strips and sauté until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Fry capsicum and broccoli for 3 minutes then add remaining vegetables, toss until tender-crisp.
- Stir in wine and soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar into the pan.
- Combine cornflour, stock powder and water together then add to the pan, bring to boil, mix well.
- Serve with rice.
Want more Asian inspired recipes then click here.